Half way into summer calls for a recap!
Since the last day of school we:
1. packed out all our things to be shipped to Japan
2. packed out the rest to be stored while we relocate to Japan
3. prepared and rented out our house
4. left the island, drove across USA visiting 11 states along the way ( and wrote all about it HERE )
5. settled into a little cabin Upstate NY for the rest of the summer
6. said goodbye to friends way too often
7. had Max and Bruce groomed twice
8. Facetimed with daddy ( who crossed the equator two times already ) twice
9. took many photos but not nearly enough
10. and since it is 10 minutes past midnight I can declare this a Monday Listicle! Now that’s something!!!
I have been in a bit of a slump lately.
It is not a terrible one. Not enough to eat a whole jar of Nuttela with a spatula but more then being grumpy about my hair mocking me in the morning. I am no expert but I think it has to do with our move this summer.
For the record I am very excited about living abroad again. I have never been to Japan but I am quite confident it is fantastic. There are obviously a lot of challenges ahead like shipping the dogs and school and house and vehicles and such but I bet in the end everything will work out. Everything always does they say.
Naturally I am sad about having to close my photography business for now and leaving our beautiful Pacific Northwest. Although I will remain NorthWestMommy cause I cannot possibly let Kim Kardashian snag the dang name!
But past few weeks I wake up every night with nightmares. They range from me drawing to loosing Julian in a crowd to leaving the house with my iPhone only 10% charged. It really is not something I have ever experienced before so I am struggling. I find it hard to talk to anyone because I don’t want pity and I also don’t want people to think that I am ungrateful for these amazing opportunities that we are given. I want my family to know I am strong and that this move is not something I don’t want to do. But something deep inside is nagging me, telling me this is not the path I should take.
Do you follow your instincts? Mine have never failed me and I am beginning to wonder if I should maybe rethink everything. Or at least buy a big jar of Nutella…
We returned from our travels and slowly got back into our daily routines. My not so little J starts 1st grade tomorrow morning and I am still playing catch up both with work and on the home run.
This Sunday evening I double triple promise to return our Monday Listicles. Topic will be 10 THINGS EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW. If you wrote one back in July, link it anyway. It’s never too late to read a good list!
For now I leave you with my column in this, already 15th issue of LUDIQUE MAGAZINE. I wrote about our travels in India and one of the best days of my life.
CLICK HERE to read it.