Happy Easter my friends!
Hope you had a wonderful weekend full of laughter, family time and little chocolate eggs. We just got back from a wonderful dinner with neighbors and friends and my happiness level is off the charts. Which oddly enough would make some people very unhappy and resentful. Not sure if being a model citizen that is kind, thoughtful and follows the rules has always been annoying to some but I have recently noticed that I really wind people up when I act according to what is expected and generally considered right. There is this stretch of road on our island that requires you to slow down to 40 mph before crossing the bridge to mainland and as I commute to work I always do so. I cannot begin to tell you how often I get overtaken by the irritated drivers. The other day though a pick up passed me and got pulled over and ticketed by the State trooper. And guess what, I still kinda felt bad for him even though he had it coming. See how I rub people the wrong way? I am one of those folks that are just too nice…
@NorthWestMommy Future listicles idea… 10 Things I'll Never Understand
— Phoebe Graber (@inmomopause) April 17, 2014
Make a list, check it twice, link it up. Read others. Have fun!
10 WAYS TO WIND SOMEONE UP
1. Drive according to the speed limit. Specially in the 20 mph school zone.
2. Insist your child goes up the steps and down the slide at the playground.
3. Be kind and stop by Starbucks to pick up coffee for all your co-workers. You will really get people in the queue behind you mad.
4. Stop at all stop signs.
5. Refuse to get into an argument with a person yelling at you.
6. Smile at the person yelling at you and tell them everything is going to be OK.
7. Refuse to discuss religion or politics with people.
8. Keep your order really simple.
9. Be honest and just say NO when you get asked to do something you don’t want to.
10. Teach your child manners and kindness. Apparently that really irks all the other kids at school. Seriously…