Thank you for being patient and bearing with me as I post this week’s listicles with a delay. We just got back from an epic camping trip that took Little J and I down to Oregon and back. It was so utterly amazing I must dedicate a post to it soon. But we were totally stuck in traffic for hours today on Interstate 5 and got home 4 hours later then expected. Sorry!
I have not read any of your lists from last week because we were cut off from internet and electricity most of the time but I will do so soon. After I unpack and scrub the dirt off my cheeks. Kidding. Maybe…
Next week: 10 THINGS I WILL REMEMBER THIS SUMMER BY.
Make a list, check it twice, link it up. Read others. Have fun!
10 OH NO YOU DIDN’T MOMENTS FROM OUR CAMPING TRIP
1. Not take a shower for three days straight. Guilty.
2. See a lady butt naked washing her privates in the sink. ( Guess some people have a harder time without showers then others.)
3. See the same lady push her two cats around the campsite in a pink stroller. ( For the record, she was a very sweet and chatty lady.)
4. Tell my kid that he is driving me nuts. ( In my defense it was after he has been repeating the same annoying mistake for 6 days straight.)
5. Drive straight through Portland . I wanted to visit it so bad but after I took a wrong turn and got stuck in traffic with google maps telling me to turn left I gave up and scratched it off my road trip.
6. Stayed at Cannon beach for only an hour. Never even visited the town, it’s shops and lovely restaurants. I think the crowds just made me want to run away.
7. Drove for what seemed like eternity with the gas light on. Beware, road 26 in Oregon has no gas stations on I reckon a 60 mile stretch or so.
8. Forgot to stop and eat in a Bosnian restaurant in Astoria which was my main motivation for this road trip.
9. Put the tent up and down 6 times in one week. Yep, I am awesome.
10. Loved every single minute of it. And I must admit, through it all my kid is pretty awesome too!