I am running a little late today due to some epic night geocaching I did with the boys. So let me quickly post my listicle and invite you to join me with your Christmas memories!
Next week: 10 APPS. They say there is an app for everything, but is there really?
Make a list, check it twice, link it up. Read others. Have fun!
10 CHRISTMAS MEMORIES
1. When I was 4 years old my aunt got me a very fashionable tracksuit. I was kinda hoping for toys I guess. And it was way too big for me, so I didn’t get to enjoy it anyway. Not that I actually remember all this but I remember a photo in our family’s photo album of my aunt putting on a blue tracksuit on me while I looked really miserable.
2. When I was 7 years old our cat climbed up the Christmas tree and knock it over. All of my grandma’s glass ornaments were shattered.
3. I remember going to the National opera and ballet for a Christmas performance with grandpa as a young teenager. Not sure what we saw but I think it was an operetta.I remember it was a magical night for me.
4. I got dumped by my first boyfriend during Christmas break when I was 15. Only time anyone broke up with me and we did get back together a month later. But he really broke my heart at the time. I dumped him 7 years later so I guess we are even.
5. My first year working abroad I got 3 days off over Christmas and I took an 8 hour flight to Frankfurt, 10 hour train ride to Ljubljana and a bus drive to the hospital my grandpa was admitted to after stroke to surprise him. I traveled back a few hours later so I could get back to Bahrain in time for work.
6. I worked all the Christmases during my flying carrier. My favorite was a trip to Katmandu I was called out from standby to do a day before Christmas. The hotel had the biggest and prettiest Christmas tree which I did not expect so it really made me happy when I entered lobby. So many wonderful memories from that trip.
7. I bought our first Christmas tree on sale in a shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur. We still use it 8 years later. I put it up in our apartment and surprised Jason as he returned from deployment just in time to celebrate our first Christmas together.
8. Little J was born just in time for the holidays and shared his first Christmas with Max sleeping under the Christmas tree. Cannot believe they were both small enough to fit under there.
9. We spend Boxing day with our neighbors in England our last year there and it was a very special day. Miss them so.
10. Last year we drove by Santa riding on the firetruck and we flagged him down stopping all the traffic so Little J could visit him! After all that trouble my son declared that he has no desire to hang out with a man dressed up as Santa, no matter how real he might look. I was really embarrassed explaining to Santa my five year old is over him.