It is official. School starts next week.
I know for some it began weeks ago and some are still on summer break. Truth be told it is all very confusing. Like seeing spring flowers bloom on Liz’s blog down under in Aussie land. Or bikini wearing Brazilians over Christmas. But I digress…
Last week the listicles had me in stitches. Anja nailed it with list of ten clues we are in 2012. It also made me realize we are all addicted to technology whether we want it or not. Some of you told us all our children’s school notices are now online, so I guess we cannot do without surfing the web no more.
Speaking of school, that is what I chose for the topic this week: LIST OF TEN-SCHOOL EDITION.
Next week should be fun because I am not the one calling the topic. It is Cassie’s turn! Your mission, should you choose to except it, is to find her blog among the link ups and see what she will be asking us to write the next listicle about. I wonder if it has anything to do with photos, since hers is a Foto Friendly Family?
Let’s go back to school now!
Make a list, check it twice, link it up. Read others. Have fun!
FIRST 10 THINGS THAT COME TO MIND WHEN I THINK OF SCHOOL
1. September 1st. That was always the day new school year started in Slovenia.
2. Little J will start Kindergarden next year. Hard to believe since I look so incredibly young.
3. Speaking of which he will be the class of 2026. I think. I was class of 1996. Ouch.
4. Also related I had to google that because I am rubbish at math.
5. I really hated math in high school. It is the first subject that comes to mind though.
6. My favorite teacher ever. Ms. Kavcnik. I adored her in elementary school. Funny enough, she taught math.
7. My first day of school. Standing in the courtyard and looking at Nina showing everyone her new coloring pencils including the pink, silver and golden one!
8. My best friend from school days: Nina. And not just because I wanted to borrow her fancy coloring pencils.
9. Homework. I must admit I miss it sometimes.
10. Brand new school supplies. I loved going shopping last week of summer and choosing pretty notebooks.
Image courtesy of Michael Maggs via Wikimedia Commons.