Live from rainy Pacific Northwest, it’s the one, the only Monday Listicles.
I thank you for sharing your thankfulness last week. It really put me in a happy state of mind reading your lists. We have been on a very positive and happy streak here lately and it is to be continued this Monday.
It was Robbie’s turn to choose the topic. Her daughter is turning nine so she said we will write a list about Birthdays. I expect you all to write me a fabulous, happy birthday list of ten. However as of today I will forever be known as the grinch that stole birthdays. Because I really don’t like them. So it is on you to persuade me otherwise!
Next week I say: 10 SOUNDS THAT DRIVE YOU BONKERS.
Right now, list 10 Birthday style.
Make a list, check it twice, link it up. Read others. Have fun!
10 10 REASONS BIRTHDAYS ARE NO GOOD
1. Obviously: I turn a year older.
2. And not wiser at all, thank you very much.
3. It is nearly impossible to buy someone a gift they will be surprised by…
4. …or like and use (no need to guess here, I am talking about my husband).
5. It is a great opportunity to bake a marvelous cake. Unless you are me. Then it is a disaster.
6. It is another date that I will potentially forget. Unless it is my own.
7. Kids Birthday = more toys. More toys = more tidying up.
8. Birthday parties of kids that you did not even know are in your child’s classrooms. Need I say more?
9. Your Facebook wall blows up.
10. Being faced with: “Happy Birthday Mommy. How old are you?” followed by “Wow, that is old!”