Welcome back to the one and only link up that keeps being mistaken with balls.
Big thank you to everyone who shared a list of their top ten books last week. I have bookmarked most of them and compiled a long list that I plan on borrowing from the library in the next few months. OK, let’s be real. Next few years…
I am so excited about this week. Mommy Padawan gave us an option of writing a LIST ABOUT THINGS WE ARE GOOD AT or THINGS WE WOULD DO IN 48 HOURS WITH UNLIMITED MONEY AND NO RESPONSIBILITIES. My husband came up with the most elaborate list including space travel and private Oasis concert. If I had 48 hours to myself I would take a long shower and garden in peace and quiet. So I chose to do a list of ten things I am good at. My first one was a sarcastic one including spending money and eating chocolate. But I decided to give myself a pat on the back and write why I am a pretty cool chick. I encourage you to do the same, we sure don’t do it often enough! Thank you Anna for making me proud of the good I can do in life!
Next weeks topic is inspired by Stacey from Mothering Moments and her wonderful new link up called An hour in a day. So we ask of you to make a list of Ten things that happen in an hour of your life. You are welcome to join her link up with the same list. It is like buy one, get two chocolate cakes. Isn’t life great?
OK, let’s play:
Make a list, check it twice, link it up. Read others. Have fun!
10 THINGS I AM GOOD AT
1. I am good at being good. Even as a child I was obedient. I never stray from course. I follow directions well and I have no vices that would require interventions.
2. I am good at most things. Not great at many, but most sports I did or hobbies I had I was OK. That makes me good at being average.
3. I am good at taking pictures. I understand art is subjective so people either like it or not. But I know I am technically sound. I also know that no matter if I take a photo with my phone, $2 disposable camera or my fancy work cameras, the photo turns out good. So I am confident it is me, not my gear.
4. Making friends. I was always comfortable around people and I have no trouble striking a friendship.
5. I am good at languages. I speak 4 fluently and can understand a few more. It was always very easy for me to pick up a foreign language.
6. I am good at being idle. I have never needed much to be happy. I do not get antsy if there is no fun stuff happening and you will never see me filling up my calendar with events to make my life richer. I can sit down and just be.
7. I am good at anticipating. I think that was my strongest quality back at work. Even now I make things happen for my family before they ask for it.
8. I am good at being on my own. Perhaps an only child thing, but I can be alone for days and happy. I cannot recall a single moment in my life I have felt lonely or bored.
9. I am strong. There have been many challenges in my younger years and there have been some in recent years that would crush the spirit of many. For most part I deal with them graciously and never burden anyone else with my problems.
10. I am good at making list. But you already knew that