34 Photos

This post is inspired by

Mama’s Losin’ It

4.) Share a photo that was taken of you, that you think really captures who you are.

This week I submitted my first tax return as a business owner. Stasha B Photography.

This week I turned a year older. 34.

As a 34 year old photographer I am happy to have talent, time and state of the art equipment to capture people’s good lives.

As a mother and a wife who is a photographer I have thousands of photos of our good life.

As a son of a photographer, Little J has no photos of his mom. NONE!

So I bit the bullet. On my birthday I put on make up and my favorite boots, pulled out my gear, moved the couch and did what I do best. Click away.

Was it easy? No. Giggling on your own is absurd. Having a huge dog farting by your feet helps. Making silly faces helps. Chocolate helps. But still, it was hard.

I am posting these to show you that it can be done. To remind you to use your camera, phone, computer and take a photo of yourself. Because before you know it our children will be all grown up. You have the power to leave them more then then just your prom and wedding photos to remember you by. Go, click!

Most things in life are moments of pleasure and a lifetime of embarrassment;

photography is a moment of embarrassment and a lifetime of pleasure. ~Tony Benn

Let's BEE Friends

This entry was posted in The Great life and tagged , , .

51 Comments

1. Lenore February 1, 2012 at 19:14 #

Twitter: Lenore_Diane
    Oh my gosh, this makes me teary-eyed. The video I made for your Listicles (wow, that sounds awful) …. I deliberately included pictures of me.

Stasha this is an awesome post – not just because of your pictures (which rock, by the way), but it is an awesome post because of your sense of being and confidence. Does that make sense?

“I am happy to have talent, ..” Good for you for owning your talent. I wish more women would share your confidence. You inspire me. Thank you.
    Lenore recently posted..Project 366: Day 32

• Lenore February 1, 2012 at 19:17 #

Twitter: Lenore_Diane
      Oh and congrats on filing your first return for the business!
      Lenore recently posted..Project 366: Day 32

• Stasha February 2, 2012 at 17:26 #

Twitter: NorthWestMommy
        Thank you so much Lenore! xo

2. Life As Wife February 1, 2012 at 19:26 #

You look awesome: powerful, fun and confident!

Thanks for the reminder to step out from behind the camera occasionally!
    Life As Wife recently posted..How Motherhood Helped Me Get My Swag Back

3. Just Jennifer February 1, 2012 at 19:34 #

Twitter: JenAnnHall
    I am really not photogenic. This is why I said I should have you shoot me. I have a FEW pics of myself that I like.

Yours, are great!
    Just Jennifer recently posted..Boys Like Snakes

4. [email protected] February 1, 2012 at 19:45 #

You have such a way with words and photos. You tell a story, teach life lessons, evoke emotions. No pressure, but all your posts always strike a chord with me. This one is no exception. And perhaps I should let my husband take more pictures of me. Not as many as he’d like though!
    [email protected] recently posted..Wordless Wednesday- 4 Batches of Homemade Playdough Later

5. ava February 1, 2012 at 20:07 #

Twitter: ava812
    Lovely! This is a very inspiring idea Stasha. So true about the pictures, it is 99% of the time, I’m behind the camera. You are lovely.
    ava recently posted..Exchangeable English Words?

6. Veronica via Facebook February 1, 2012 at 20:13 #

Great pics Stasha!!!

7. Linda Medrano February 1, 2012 at 20:31 #

Stasha, you are friggin’ gorgeous! I see so much of your beautiful boy and your pup, but what a beautiful young woman you are! Thanks for posting these.
    Linda Medrano recently posted..It Was "Justified"

8. Jess February 1, 2012 at 20:35 #

Twitter: Mytimeasmom
    It is so nice to see you doing pictures of yourself Stasha. You did a great job!
    Jess recently posted..A Travel Accessory We All Need

9. Lisa February 1, 2012 at 20:49 #

Twitter: lisaschwartz05
    First of all I love the photo shoot. Second I love the quote. Hope you had a great day.
    Lisa recently posted..In the Footsteps of their Father

10. Audrey February 1, 2012 at 20:58 #

Wow! You look amazing! And I swear I have to BEG my husband to take pictures with me in them. And most the time they are bad pictures. Ugh! I have slowly learned how to do a one handed picture well :) Great post!
    Audrey recently posted..Caution While Pregnant

11. rachel February 1, 2012 at 21:02 #

Twitter: racheldrechsel
    you are gorgeous. you look sexy, fun, sweet, and awesome, all at the same time. Nice work.
    rachel recently posted..International Delight Iced Coffee

12. Jessica February 1, 2012 at 21:15 #

Twitter: goaliej54
    Love the photos (gorgeous!) and the words. I replied in my blog. :)
    Jessica recently posted..It’s a Start

• Stasha February 2, 2012 at 01:15 #

Twitter: NorthWestMommy
      Photos of you are gorgeous! You should do one every Wednesday! What a celebration that will be. Congrats on shedding the first few. I am inspired.

13. Janice February 1, 2012 at 22:08 #

Twitter: mommyslounge
    #9 is my favorite! You looked like Jewel for some reason…

Anywho, I agree with you 100%. Moms ought to get in front of the cameras more often so that their kids have something to look back on someday. Of course, that doesn’t mean it’s easy to get in the picture. I don’t like seeing myself on film. But I suppose, it’s how my children see me anyway. It’s really all about the memories that the pictures will all signify later on, right? It’s for the children. (Can you tell I’m trying to psych myself up?)
    Janice recently posted..Camera Phone Fun: Little Chickadee

14. Recovering Supermom February 1, 2012 at 23:00 #

Beautiful photos! And a good reminder to make sure to capture ourselves as part of the memories.
    Recovering Supermom recently posted..Grandmas

15. Jessica February 1, 2012 at 23:19 #

Twitter: spitupchronicle
    LOVE this. You look so gorgeous, and your photography skills are out of this world. Congrats on filing your first tax return!!
    Jessica recently posted..Worth It

16. Kiddothings February 2, 2012 at 00:58 #

Twitter: kiddothings
    Little J’s gonna say “My mama’s hot”. Love the pictures of you. I don’t think I can giggle to myself – I might have to get a farting dog.
    Kiddothings recently posted..Taking A Step Back

17. Mateja February 2, 2012 at 01:11 #

I do it exactly like you all the time :))
    (I have the same problem)

btw. love the picture with necklace in your mouth ;)
    Mateja recently posted..Sova

18. Barbara February 2, 2012 at 04:12 #

Twitter: babspinfrance
    You are beautiful. Even when I am at my worst, I make an attempt to have at least one picture of me and my children once a month. I definitely want to give them something to remember.
    Barbara recently posted..The Music of my Life

19. [email protected] Wants This February 2, 2012 at 05:22 #

Twitter: AlisonSWLee
    You are beautiful and that is all.

And yes, we do need to get in front of the camera more. I mean, we’re smokin’ hot.
    [email protected] Wants This recently posted..I’m a Global Mama!

20. RoryBore February 2, 2012 at 06:38 #

Twitter: rorybore
    Okay… you are gorgeous, and funny, and talented and brave, and full of wisdom – really I could go on and on….so don’t take this the wrong way:

I really need to see another shot of those cowboy boots!
    RoryBore recently posted..Wordless Wednesday with Quotable Bits #4

21. Runnermom-jen February 2, 2012 at 06:40 #

Twitter: runnermomjen
    Oh my goodness…I love this!! You are gorgeous! I love your smile :)
    Happy Birthday, young lady!
    xo
    Runnermom-jen recently posted..Surrender

22. Mama Kat February 2, 2012 at 06:58 #

A photo shoot!! How fun. :) I thought for sure you were in some kind of museum…you were in your HOUSE!?! Way to go mama! Love it. :)
    Mama Kat recently posted..Writer’s Workshop: Life Stories Confessed

23. Ally February 2, 2012 at 07:27 #

Twitter: normalmomally
    I have made a conscious effort the last few years to have pictures of me, or pictures that include me. I’ve always been the photographer in the family and there are some years of my son’s childhood where the only pictures of me are some awful, blurry shot of me in the background taken by someone’s horrible camera! Good advice you give!
    Ally recently posted..Free To A Good Home…

24. Bridget February 2, 2012 at 07:41 #

Twitter: twinisms
    Excellent idea! There are almost no photos of me, I’m always the one behind the camera. Hmmm….maybe I need to come down and do a photo shoot with you though, you can make me look less scary than normal:)
    Bridget recently posted..Mario & Luigi Rule The World

25. Ginger February 2, 2012 at 07:54 #

Beautiful photos! A great reminder for us all…time to get the camera out, put the makeup on and “snap away’!

26. Kelli February 2, 2012 at 08:08 #

Twitter: SweetLifeMommy
    I so want to be you right now! Oh to be 34, again. Not to mention gorgeous. Love the photo shoot, Stasha. You’ve inspired me. I’m going to give it a try on my birthday this month.
    Kelli recently posted..More Than A Mom, More Than A Writer

27. Arnebya February 2, 2012 at 08:24 #

Twitter: whatnowandwhy
    Absolutely gorgeous. And thanks for shoving us to get from behind the camera. We want to document our lives so much but we (I) tend to forget we are a part of it all.
    Arnebya recently posted..Writer’s Workshop: The Real Me

28. Iza Trapani February 2, 2012 at 08:27 #

Wow,you are stunning! And I can’t believe you are able to look so natural and confident in front of the camera. So great to see the many faces of the beautiful YOU! Congratulations on your first tax return!

29. Mama's Losin' It via Facebook February 2, 2012 at 09:19 #

Well aren’t you the cat’s MEOW! Love these photos!

30. Natatalie February 2, 2012 at 10:46 #

Twitter: corp2domestic
    These came out awesome! I would be so nervous to get pics just by myself! But you worked it :)
    Natatalie recently posted..A Great Deal!

31. Rach (DonutsMama) February 2, 2012 at 11:55 #

I don’t have a lot of pictures of me either since I”m usually the one behind the camera. Could you be any more gorgeous? You’re making me jealous.
    Rach (DonutsMama) recently posted..Is This Seat Taken?

32. JDaniel4s Mom February 2, 2012 at 12:16 #

Your pictures are wonderful. I take all the pictures at my house. I ended up having to take pictures of JDaniel and I together just to have some. I am so glad that I did.

33. Kim Pugliano February 2, 2012 at 13:54 #

Twitter: GisSilent
    Awesome
    Awesome
    Awesome

34. Bruna February 2, 2012 at 14:38 #

Twitter: beeswithhoney
    I love this and you are so RIGHT! We need pics of ourselves so that our kids have something to remember us by!
    Bruna recently posted..scared of the dark

35. Exurban Cowgirl February 2, 2012 at 15:01 #

Twitter: ExurbanCowgirl
    Lovely! Happy, happy birthday. I love aquarians–married to one :)
    Exurban Cowgirl recently posted..February 2nd–French Style

36. Jackie February 2, 2012 at 19:33 #

Twitter: notwifezilla
    Happy Birthday Stasha!! What a lovely photo shoot and I do have to say.
    Jackie recently posted..Life is but a song

37. Mama and the City February 2, 2012 at 20:56 #

Twitter: Mama_AndTheCity
    Stasha, honey, sexy thing. I command you to change that pic of your profile in WP. You are being misrepresented – just sayin’.

You are hotter than an habanero pepper.
    Mama and the City recently posted..Competition Is Healthy

38. Sarcasm Goddess February 3, 2012 at 03:08 #

Beautiful! Absolutely stunning!
    Sarcasm Goddess recently posted..I Hate That You Have to Read This, But Not as Much as You Will

39. Twisted Domestic Goddess February 3, 2012 at 05:23 #

LOVE these photos!You did a great job!I swear when I think of taking photos I think ok I’ll do it I’ll do it and then yeah….it gets put on the back burner!
    Twisted Domestic Goddess recently posted..The Real Me

40. Bits of Bee February 3, 2012 at 09:28 #

Twitter: Bitsofbee
    I just realized I’ve been sitting here for like 10 minutes watching your pictures scroll through! They’re all so beautiful and capture so many sides of your personality, I love them all! Beautiful post, and of course I love that you wapped it all up with a nice little quote too :)
    Bits of Bee recently posted..Bee: The Interrupter

• Stasha February 4, 2012 at 20:58 #

Twitter: NorthWestMommy
      Isn’t that a great quote? And so true.

41. Jamie February 3, 2012 at 17:06 #

Twitter: chosenchaos
    Beautiful you, beautiful idea, beautiful reason… all just right!
    Jamie recently posted..if i could turn back time — catharsis

42. [email protected] Rasler February 3, 2012 at 20:41 #

Twitter: teamrasler
    This is indeed a great reminder, because not only do I have very few pictures of myself, but I have even fewer videos. I’ve taken several dozens of my husband playing with the boys, but a big fat zero videos exist of me with them. Must correct this!
    [email protected] Rasler recently posted..Inferior

43. Bek February 4, 2012 at 10:37 #

Your pictures turned out great! Love the background! I started doing more self-portraits this year, out of the same reason. But it’s definitely not easy.
    Bek recently posted..Scavenger Hunt Sunday

44. Jamie February 4, 2012 at 11:25 #

Twitter: southmainmuse
    Beautiful…and I agree with an earlier comment — to be 34 again. Great to see more of you. And congrats on your tax form. You are in business!
    Jamie recently posted..Sleepover birthday parties. Do you remember?

45. Cookie's Mom February 5, 2012 at 07:21 #

Twitter: SJM_CookiesMom
    Thanks for that reminder. I rarely think to snap photos of myself – I do feel awkward doing it and I always end up making goofy faces. These pictures of you are great. The ones of you laughing remind me most of the you I met in December. :)
    Cookie’s Mom recently posted..11 Questions

46. Theresa Sonoda February 5, 2012 at 11:32 #

Twitter: tsonoda
    I don’t have a linky for you to join, but sometimes I am able to join up with your wonderful Monday Listicles. Sometimes. I know you understand that I can’t do it every week. Work. School. Writing my books. Health. So many variables. I love all my bloggy friends, though. I just prefer free-handing in lieu of linky’s. Well, except for Monday Listicles. That really appeals for my inner need to organize my thoughts. LOLOL So please forgive me for my lack of being a joiner, but please do come and visit my place when you can. I love your input. HUGSSS
    Theresa Sonoda recently posted..Sara’s Sleep Part 4