My favorite thing about my website is that it is mine. I can do whatever I want. So I decided to introduce something new. Every Monday from now on until I say so; or you throw tomatoes at me, we shall have a listicle. I know, never heard of that word before either. So click on it please.
Why you ask? Because I love lists. Shopping lists, best of lists, guest lists, any kind of lists. So without further ado let’s begin Monday Listicles.
Since it’s a bit short notice ( I came up with this brilliant idea last night around three while keeping my sleepless child company), it is mine turn first. But in order to make this fun I encourage you to send yours to stasha[at]northwestmommy[dot]com. Anything goes, as long as there are ten items on your list. You can rank them or keep them random. I will then post them for the whole world to see. And give you full credit. All that absolutely free. So put it on your list of things to do!
10 THINGS I LEARNED FROM LIBRARY BOOKS LITTLE J BORROWED
1) Whales do not sleep. Because they are voluntary breathers they have to think about each breath. Instead of falling asleep they rest one side of the brain at the time. Much like me really.
2) Snails are born with a soft shell that takes about a year to be fully developed. Much like my head, apart from the timeline.
3) After reading a few books on the subject, I am no closer to knowing the exact difference between fire truck and fire engine. Further research will be my son’s pleasure.
4) Tunnel boring machine -TBM requires over 40 workers to operate. Fact that might be useful if you ever talk about Eurotunnel at a dinner party.
5) Kids like pirates. Even scary looking ones.
6) Ladybirds live for about a year and hibernate in winter. And yes, ladybugs are same as ladybirds.
8 ) Some Hollywood stars should stick to acting. I will refrain from further comment.
9) Why ocean is salty. Too much to explain, but I for one am a fact smarter.